Old Documentation about the C++ GraphLab API

User 334 | 1/5/2015, 3:01:27 PM

Hi there,

I am a little lost because I am trying to find the documentation about the C++ GraphLab API as I used to but I cant find it anymore.

Could someone please show me the new path to it? I tried to find it, but I failed. Thank you, and sorry if it is a silly question.

Best regards,

Comments

User 6 | 1/5/2015, 3:47:05 PM

Hi, The documentation of PowerGraph was recently removed as we are preparing for the launch of our newest open source GraphLab Create, and the old function calls were interfering with the new ones. You can always build the documentation locally after pulling from github . Just run "doxygen" in the PowerGraph root folder. That will create the the doxygen pages in doc/doxygen/html/index.html

User 334 | 1/5/2015, 11:16:12 PM

Thank you Danny, :)

I am still working on implementing bayesian networks based on the factor graph implementation, is that going to face any incompatibility with the newest GraphLab Create? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it?

User 6 | 1/6/2015, 8:31:55 AM

Hi, The newest Graphlab Create has a Python API, and the underlying engine is written in C++. Most of it will be released as open source soon. The new engine is not compatible with the old one from several reasons. One of them is that we now support graphs, dense data, text and images vs. the old engine which supports just graph. Another improvement is that we support out of core execution, namely you do not have to fit the problem into the memory of the computing nodes, the problem can be read from disk. You are welcome to look at our <a href="http://graphlab.com/products/create/docs/generated/graphlab.SGraph.tripleapply.html">tripleapply() </a>documentation to see if you can implement your algorithm in Graphlab Create in Python. Our <a href="http://graphlab.com/products/create/sdk/docs/pageuserguidesgraph.html">SDK</a> allows for efficient C++ implementation of your algo directly on top of SGraph. We would love helping you port your algorithm to the newest SDK.

User 334 | 1/6/2015, 8:59:45 AM

I see,

Those improvements sound exciting!

I want to keep my code compatible with the new GL Create, it is written in C++ calling the GraphLab engine. Do I need to rewrite everything to be able to use the new GL Create? I am asking that, because I would like to contribute this code to the GL project once it is done.

User 6 | 1/6/2015, 5:45:05 PM

Hi Breno, We would love any code contributions from you! As the old PowerGraph codebase is going to be deprecated soon, our advice is to switch to the newer Graphlab Create.

Thanks,

User 334 | 1/7/2015, 11:32:01 AM

Do you think there is any chances I can conclude the code in the PowerGraph and later migrate it to the GL Create? I mean, I want to see this work, present it, because I have a sharp deadline, and migrate it later.

Once again, thank you :smile:

User 6 | 1/7/2015, 11:55:06 AM

Sure, this makes sense.