ALS graphchi error

User 986 | 11/25/2014, 10:16:47 PM

hi danny,

I am working on matrix factorization project and I need to compare my results with alternating least square algorithm for matrix factorization, I downloaded the graphchi library and try to run the algorithm but it give me this result:

./toolkits/collaborative_filtering/als --training=ua.base --validation=ua.test --lambda=0.065 --minval=1 --maxval=5 --max_iter=6 --quiet=1
    WARNING:  common.hpp(print_copyright:214): GraphChi Collaborative filtering library is written by Danny Bickson (c). Send any  comments or bug reports to danny.bickson@gmail.com
    [training] => [ua.base]
    [validation] => [ua.test]
    [lambda] => [0.065]
    [minval] => [1]
    [maxval] => [5]
    [max_iter] => [6]
    [quiet] => [1]
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I am trying the command with smallnetflix_mm and smallnetflix_mme
    but it give me the same error :(

I apply the commands in <a href="http://bickson.blogspot.com/2012/12/collaborative-filtering-with-graphchi.html">bickson.blogspot.com/2012/12/collaborative-filtering-with-graphchi.html</a>

I hope you can help me,

Comments

User 6 | 11/26/2014, 6:16:47 AM

Hi, We highly recommend switching to GraphLab Create, as it will be easier for us to give support, and we have much newer functionality there.

Regarding GraphChi, please verify you are using a 64 bit machine. You should compile in debug mode (using "make clean; make cfd") and send us the error you are getting.