Error when building graph_analytics.

User 926 | 11/8/2014, 8:23:13 AM

Hi, I am green to Graphlab. I am installing the Graphlib 2.2 with the following error. I don't know it is normal or not. Can anyone give me some advance?? I am using gcc ver 4.6.3, g++ ver 4.6.3 and CMake ver 2.8.7. Thank you in advance!!

ubuntu@slave2:~/graphlab/release/toolkits/graphanalytics$ make Scanning dependencies of target libevent [ 7%] Built target libevent Scanning dependencies of target libtcmalloc [ 13%] Built target libtcmalloc Scanning dependencies of target libbz2 [ 19%] Built target libbz2 Scanning dependencies of target boost [ 26%] Built target boost Scanning dependencies of target zookeeper [ 34%] Built target zookeeper Scanning dependencies of target hadoop [ 42%] Built target hadoop [ 80%] Built target graphlab Scanning dependencies of target eigen [ 86%] Built target eigen [ 86%] Building CXX object toolkits/graphanalytics/CMakeFiles/TSC.dir/TSC.cpp.o /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp: In function ‘void initializecolumn(graphlab::distributedgraph<node, edge>::vertextype&, int, int)’: /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp:160:15: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare] /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp: In function ‘void accumulatehleft(graphlab::distributedgraph<node, edge>::vertextype&)’: /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp:194:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare] /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graphanalytics/TSC.cpp:241:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare] /home/ubuntu/graphlab/toolkits/graph_analytics/TSC.cpp:252:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare] virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory make[2]: * [toolkits/graph_analytics/CMakeFiles/TSC.dir/TSC.cpp.o] Error 1 make[1]: * [toolkits/graphanalytics/CMakeFiles/TSC.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2 ubuntu@slave2:~/graphlab/release/toolkits/graphanalytics$

Comments

User 6 | 11/8/2014, 8:42:25 AM

It seems you are out of virtual memory. Please increase the memory allocation for the virtual machine or switch to a machine with more memory.

By the way we have a graph analytics library as part of our newer Graphlab Create code: http://graphlab.com/products/create/docs/graphlab.toolkits.graph_analytics.html which will soon deprecate the older Powergraph code. There is no need to compile there as we distribute a pip install library.

User 926 | 11/12/2014, 1:25:42 AM

Thank you. I changed to use EC2 t2.medium (Variable ECUs, 2 vCPUs, 2.5 GHz, Intel Xeon Family, 4 GiB memory, EBS only), it works only when use make. But if I use make -j2, it still has error. Why?

User 6 | 11/12/2014, 5:36:02 AM

Because "-j2" spawns up two compiling threads that compiles different sections of the code in parallel and thus consumes roughly twice the amount of memory.

User 926 | 11/12/2014, 6:29:41 AM

Thank you for your help!!!