how to make my apps? run my own program?

User 889 | 10/28/2014, 7:01:32 AM

i've installed graphlab on my pc following the instructions dscribe in https://github.com/graphlab-code/graphlab. But i need to mention here that the "make -j 4" command after the "./configure" command was not executed. So I run the alternative way executing only the " cd release/toolkits/graph_analytics make -j4" code. Then I tried to make my own apps following the instructions in the same web page. But when I tried to "make" in same way described in step 4 of Procedure 1 recommended), I found "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop." Actually I created my app in "Desktop/graphlab/apps/test" folder. Now what i can do to run my own program?

Comments

User 6 | 10/29/2014, 5:01:37 AM

Hi, This error means you are compiling in the wrong folder. Note that when adding a new PowerGtraph application, you need to edit the CMakeFile.txt in the folder the application is found to add the new target. Then you need to ./configure again at the root graphlab and verify the new application name was detected and listed in the output target. Finally you need to change directory to release/folder/path/to/your/app and compile there.

User 912 | 11/5/2014, 11:34:03 PM

Hello,

I was having a similar problem, but after I followed the steps from your last comment, it looked as if it was finally going to work, until I got some errors:

" Scanning dependencies of target libtcmalloc [ 7%] Built target libtcmalloc Scanning dependencies of target libevent [ 17%] Built target libevent Scanning dependencies of target zookeeper [ 19%] Performing build step for 'zookeeper' libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVECONFIGH -I. -I./include -I./tests -I./generated -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -DGNUSOURCE -MT zookeeper.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/zookeeper.Tpo -c src/zookeeper.c -o zookeeper.o In file included from src/zookeeper.c:27: In file included from ./include/zookeeper.h:34: ./include/recordio.h:76:9: error: expected ')' int64t htonll(int64t v); ^ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/sys/_endian.h:141:25: note: expanded from macro 'htonll'

define htonll(x) __DARWIN_OSSwapInt64(x)

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/libkern/OSByteOrder.h:78:30: note: expanded from macro '__DARWINOSSwapInt64' (builtinconstantp(x) ? DARWINOSSwapConstInt64(x) : OSSwapInt64(x)) ^ ./include/recordio.h:76:9: note: to match this '(' /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/sys/_endian.h:141:25: note: expanded from macro 'htonll'

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/libkern/OSByteOrder.h:78:5: note: expanded from macro '__DARWINOSSwapInt64' (builtinconstantp(x) ? DARWINOSSwapConstInt64(x) : OSSwapInt64(x)) ^ In file included from src/zookeeper.c:27: In file included from ./include/zookeeper.h:34: ./include/recordio.h:76:9: error: conflicting types for '__builtinconstantp' int64t htonll(int64t v); ^ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/sys/_endian.h:141:25: note: expanded from macro 'htonll'

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/libkern/OSByteOrder.h:78:6: note: expanded from macro '__DARWINOSSwapInt64' (builtinconstantp(x) ? DARWINOSSwapConstInt64(x) : OSSwapInt64(x)) ^ ./include/recordio.h:76:9: note: '__builtinconstantp' is a builtin with type 'int ()' /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/sys/_endian.h:141:25: note: expanded from macro 'htonll'

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/libkern/OSByteOrder.h:78:6: note: expanded from macro '__DARWINOSSwapInt64' (builtinconstantp(x) ? DARWINOSSwapConstInt64(x) : OSSwapInt64(x)) ^ 2 errors generated. make[5]: * [zookeeper.lo] Error 1 make[4]: [all] Error 2 make[3]: ** [all] Error 2 make[2]: * [../deps/zookeeper/src/zookeeper-stamp/zookeeper-build] Error 2 make[1]: [CMakeFiles/zookeeper.dir/all] Error 2 make: ** [all] Error 2 "

Can you please help me with that? Maybe I should mention that I am quite new to GraphLab, so I'm sorry if my issue is obvious.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

User 6 | 11/6/2014, 8:04:19 AM

Hi, We do not have enough information to understand which system are you working on and what is your setup. We recommend switching to GraphLab Create as older open source versions are going to be deprecated soon.

Specifically it seems that powergraph has issues compiling with your mac version (which we do not know what it is). I suggest switching to Linux or changing the compiler.

User 889 | 11/6/2014, 1:25:22 PM

I am working on Ubuntu 14.04. According to the 1st reply i "./configure" every time i created a new folder. then a corresponding folder is created in the debug folder where i can "make". Then my cpp is executed. I wan to make partition of graph which is distributed in nature. Now in this circumstances do i need to switch to "graphlab create". Here i need to mention that i installed the normal "grapghlab" framework following the instructions described in https://github.com/graphlab-code/graphlab page. And one more question how to configure computers when i want to work on distributed system.

User 6 | 11/6/2014, 1:47:28 PM

Hi, You ask many questions in one sentence.. :-) In powergraph, configure is required to run only once when you change the directory structure or add new applications. After that you can just compile.

Powergraph supports distributed execution, you will need to use mpiexec command to run distributed instances of the program. See examples in our tutorials.

GraphLab Create is our newer software, so far it run on a single multicore machine. However, we are working on a distributed version. We will announce on this forum and our mailing lists when it is ready. Anyway, we do recommend switching to GraphLab Create as powergraph will be deprecated soon. GraphLab Create uses out of core computation which means we can scale to much larger problems in a single machine. See our keynote video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxn-8MuVwI where we crunch 1TB file on a laptop.