GraphLab on Pycharm

User 765 | 9/24/2014, 8:32:25 PM

Have anyone tried integration GraphLab Library to PyCharm or any other IDE and run it from there?

Comments

User 17 | 9/25/2014, 9:20:02 PM

Hi Vinoth, I use GraphLab Create from within PyCharm. I generally do this by installing GraphLab Create into a virtualenv and configuring my project to use that virtualenv. To do this in PyCharm, select File --> Settings --> Project Interpreter and then click the little gear next to the Project Interpreter drop down, and select "Create Virtualenv". Once created, hit the green "+" sign and install GraphLab Create. You should now be able to import graphlab from within PyCharm.

Hope this helps.

User 765 | 9/26/2014, 1:32:55 AM

Thankyou susan that was helpful. I could able to import graphlab in pycharm successfully. However, I'm getting the below error when I try to execute

import mixpanel

ImportError: No module named mixpanel

I was just testing the below code

data = graphlab.SFrame.readcsv\ ("http://s3.amazonaws.com/GraphLab-Datasets/movieratings/trainingdata.csv", columntype_hints={"rating": int}) data.head()

Any idea about the mixpanel module error?

User 17 | 9/30/2014, 5:48:05 PM

I would try pip installing mixpanel-py into the virtualenv you're using. It should have been installed with graphlab-create but maybe it didn't make it into your virtualenv.

User 1278 | 2/13/2015, 2:20:06 AM

I am able to use graphlab in the Pycharm console, but unable to run even a simple program. For example:

import graphlab as gl

data = gl.SFrame("~/projects/salaries.csv")

results in an error "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SFrame'"

User 91 | 2/13/2015, 4:25:21 AM

It seems like the import didn't happen correctly. Can you give us some more details about the error messages.