distributed_graph.num_vertices() always return 0

User 374 | 6/18/2014, 2:36:07 PM

Hi, I'm new to the GraphLab, and I'm trying to run the "webpage" graph example given in the tutorial. (http://docs.graphlab.org/usinggraphlabdistributedgraphloaddata.html) The example is running in a single machine of ubuntu. I used the provided "lineparser" in the example to add vertex and edges into the distributedgraph object, and after loading, I called the "finalize()" method. Afterwards, I called the "graph.numvertices()" and "graph.numedges()", and these two methods always return 0. I'm pretty sure there are nodes and edges added into the graph, so could anyone here please give me some hints about this issue.

Many thanks.

Comments

User 6 | 6/20/2014, 7:26:03 AM

Hi, Whenever the graph load fails, for example when the input file is not found, there are 0 nodes and edges in the graph. I suggest putting traces inside your load_graph code to verify the loading succeeded.

User 374 | 6/20/2014, 2:55:12 PM

Hi Danny, Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I find the reason for the failure here. It is due the system bit width. The program works fine only in 64-bit systems, but not 32-bit.