Debugger for GraphLab

User 241 | 5/25/2014, 9:34:22 AM

Hello, 1. I am looking for a comfortable debugger for GraphLab (like visual studio/eclipse in Windows), such that I can put a breakpoint and watch the values and giving me the ability to see what variables/function each class has ,like typing the name of the class then use point to get a list of functions/variables like class.function(). is it possible to use eclipse?i havn't found a lots of info online. 2. how do I use dc.cout()<<"something"; in function other than main (like in apply/gather)? Morad

Comments

User 6 | 5/29/2014, 4:01:03 AM

Unfortunately there is no easy solution. Setting up Eclipse takes work and it will not work for a distributed environment. There is a command line debugger support in some of the mpi versions, but it also needs to be setup (depends on the mpi version).

For debugging it is recommended to run in debug folder, and start from a small number of cores and machines used. It is possible to run 2 mpi nodes on the same machine for debugging, and in this case you can use regular cout instead of dc.cout.

User 316 | 5/29/2014, 2:00:10 PM

I've been using TotalView from Rogue Wave Software (http://www.roguewave.com/products/totalview.aspx)

User 674 | 5/20/2015, 3:35:13 AM

@fskyt Could you please share your TotalView configuration for GraphLab Please?