.show() not working in iPython

User 5366 | 7/10/2016, 4:27:16 PM

Hello,

I am new to GraphLab, I'm following the Coursera Foundations of Machine Learning course on a Ubuntu lap top.

The following command is not producing any output: graphlab.canvas.settarget('ipynb') sales.show(view="Scatter Plot", x="sqftliving", y="price")

If I change it to 'browser', the link it generates does not work: graphlab.canvas.settarget('browser') sales.show(view="Scatter Plot", x="sqftliving", y="price")

Can you help?

Thank you

Comments

User 5370 | 7/11/2016, 5:25:43 PM

I am having the exact same problem on my windows laptop. After setting the target to either ipynb or browser, no graphs show up for me either. When I choose browser, the following shows up:

"Canvas is accessible via web browser at the URL: http://localhost:35437/index.html Opening Canvas in default web browser."

After clicking on the link, however, I get the following error from chrome:

"This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect."

Please help.

User 5385 | 7/18/2016, 12:37:53 AM

I am having the same problem using Windows.

Anyone find a solution for this?

User 4 | 7/18/2016, 6:28:31 PM

@nndv94 Are you using an IPython Notebook on a remote server? What is the URL of the notebook in the location bar? If it's not localhost, then this will not work (Canvas is a localhost experience, but the machine running Canvas is remote in this case). The workaround is to use the SSH port forwarding technique described here.

@oljaca It sounds like you may experiencing both the above issue, and the issue described here. I am still investigating that issue but will report back on that linked thread.

@ecocarlisle, your issue could be either of the above depending on specifics.