PowerGraph Compiling Failed on CentOS 64-bit

User 5255 | 6/1/2016, 1:37:12 PM

Basically, I think it's because the dependencies it needs are unavailable anymore by the original URLs.

At first, I went to the apps directory, and compiled it by the following command: sh $ cd /[some path]/graphlab/release/apps/; make

Error message of compiling:

> [ 0%] Performing download step (download, verify and extract) for 'libevent' > -- downloading... > src='http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/levent/libevent/libevent-2.0/libevent-2.0.18-stable.tar.gz' > dst='/[some path]/graphlab/deps/event/src/libevent-2.0.18-stable.tar.gz' > timeout='none' > -- [download 100% complete] > -- [download 0% complete] > CMake Error at libevent-stamp/download-libevent.cmake:9 (file): > file DOWNLOAD HASH mismatch >
> for file: [/[some path]/graphlab/deps/event/src/libevent-2.0.18-stable.tar.gz] > expected hash: [aa1ce9bc0dee7b8084f6855765f2c86a] > actual hash: [d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e] >
>
>
> CMakeFiles/libevent.dir/build.make:83: recipe for target '../deps/event/src/libevent-stamp/libevent-download' failed > make[2]: * [../deps/event/src/libevent-stamp/libevent-download] Error 1 > CMakeFiles/Makefile2:199: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/libevent.dir/all' failed > make[1]: [CMakeFiles/libevent.dir/all] Error 2 > Makefile:123: recipe for target 'all' failed > make: ** [all] Error 2

Then, I ran the following command: sh $ wget http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/levent/libevent/libevent-2.0/libevent-2.0.18-stable.tar.gz

and it gave me 404 error.

Can you please help me with the problem? What can I do to compile it now?

Comments

User 2014 | 6/1/2016, 9:09:17 PM

You can find libevent at http://libevent.org/old-releases.html since this is a fairly old version required.

wget https://github.com/downloads/libevent/libevent/libevent-2.0.18-stable.tar.gz

User 5255 | 6/2/2016, 1:30:32 PM

Hi antoine,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes, I solved this type of problems by manually downloading the libs to the respective directories under '/[some path]/graphlab/deps/'. However, at the last step of linking, new problem happened. I post the first and last several lines of error messages, and upload the whole log as attachment. Really hope you can help me.

First several lines:

[ 10%] Built target libevent
 [ 17%] Built target libtcmalloc
 [ 25%] Built target libbz2
 [ 35%] Built target boost
 [ 45%] Built target zookeeper
 [ 97%] Built target graphlab
 Linking CXX executable cascades
 ../../../deps/local/lib/libboost_filesystem.a(operations.o): In function `_ZNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEC2EPKcRKS3_.isra.59':
 operations.cpp:(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_create(unsigned long&, unsigned long)'
 ../../../deps/local/lib/libboost_filesystem.a(operations.o): In function `_ZN12_GLOBAL__N_113dir_itr_firstERPvS1_PKcRNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEERN5boost10filesystem11file_statusESE_.isra.60.constprop.66':
 operations.cpp:(.text+0xe8): undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_assign(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'

[......]

Last several lines:

../../src/graphlab/libgraphlab.a(command_line_options.cpp.o): In function `basic_command_line_parser':
 /[some path]/graphlab/deps/local/include/boost/program_options/detail/parsers.hpp:33: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline(std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&)'
 ../../src/graphlab/libgraphlab.a(command_line_options.cpp.o): In function `boost::program_options::variables_map::operator[](std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const':
 /[some path]/graphlab/deps/local/include/boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp:155: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::abstract_variables_map::operator[](std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const'
 ../../src/graphlab/libgraphlab.a(command_line_options.cpp.o): In function `std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>  > > boost::program_options::to_internal<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >(std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > const&)':
/[some path]/graphlab/deps/local/include/boost/program_options/detail/convert.hpp:79: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::to_internal(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [apps/cascades/cascades] Error 1
make[1]: *** [apps/cascades/CMakeFiles/cascades.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The attachment of "make_log.txt" is the whole output. Look forward to your help. Thanks!

User 2014 | 6/2/2016, 7:54:35 PM

Hey,

The errors are:

undefined reference to `boost::programoptions::tointernal

and

undefined reference to `boost::program_options::detail::cmdline::cmdline

Both are part of BOOST, and should be present. Does your system have an old version of BOOST installed? You might want to upgrade it to a later one. Since both errors are in BOOST and not in PowerGraph itself, I would start there. If this still doesn't work, we can look deeper into it :)

Thanks, Antoine