Error when using "product_key.set_product_key()" in Heroku

User 5238 | 5/26/2016, 1:50:34 PM

hi, I am trying to deploy a python script to Heroku and I use graphlab-create for classification problem. I am doing this because it will take a lot of time on my laptop and I preferred to deploy it in a cloud computing service.

snipt of the code: import graphlab as gl gl.productkey.setproductkey("mykey")

and "my_key" is just a string of my product-key in this format (as an example and not a real product key) : '4G74-6788-B42S-7222-9A11-B664-2817-A192'

and i get this error: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::archive::iterators::dataflow_exception' what(): attempt to decode a value not in base64 char set so, am I making some stupid mistake here or is there a bug or something?

ps: this is for a university project.

Comments

User 4 | 5/26/2016, 8:20:47 PM

Hi @eyad_alshami, it's possible this is a bug that only reproduces in the Heroku environment. We can investigate and report back.

In the meantime, can you try a different cloud computing environment? Others have had success using EC2 directly. We offer an Amazon AMI that provides an IPython Notebook environment with GraphLab Create pre-installed, and setting the product key from there should work. Please follow the instructions at https://dato.com/download/install-graphlab-create-aws-coursera.html (note: you don't need to be a Coursera student for this to work).

User 5238 | 5/26/2016, 9:19:24 PM

Hi @Zach, thank you for your reply. I afraid that the suggested solution won't work in my case, cause I had no credit card to make an amazon account and I am from Syria and amazon's services are not available here. anyway thank you very much, by the way I have finished the first three courses in Coursera Machine Learning specialization.