How to generate Lambda worker test report

User 9 | 4/24/2016, 9:39:12 PM

If you encounter an error indicating that the "Lambda workers cannot not start" we want to fix it.

Here is how to run and create a lambda test report that you can email to Dato (OS X sample instructions provided below).

1 - Download the Python script file located here. In your browser, you can right-click 'Save As' to save testlambdaworkers.py file to your Downloads folder, for example.

2 - Run testlambaworkers.py file in the Python environment where GraphLab Create is installed (e.g. dato-env). Dato Launcher users just click 'terminal'. The script will run for a few seconds and generate a .zip file in /var/folders/.

$ python /Users/<user>/Downloads/test_lambda_workers.py

To make it easier to send the .zip file over email, you can copy the .zip file to a directory of your choice using the below shell syntax in a new terminal window. (copy the .zip file location from the test output)

$ cp /var/folders/0p/testing_logs-16704-2016-04-24-14-07-38.zip /Users/<user>/Downloads

3 - Create a support ticket and let us know you ran into issues - we'll ask for you to send us the lambda test report over email.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Comments

User 4922 | 5/19/2016, 11:39:28 AM

I created a support ticket. I am yet to get any type of update on how to resolve this problem

User 1207 | 5/19/2016, 5:08:23 PM

Hello Segun,

If I have the correct support ticket, I believe we replied asking you to run another version of the test script and didn't hear back from you. Did we lose your reply to that email? Regardless, we will hopefully be releasing an update soon that resolves a couple of other issues.

That said, most of the issues we've been encountered now tend to be related to timeouts and the system being very busy or having processes accessing the disk frequently when starting them. Our next release should fix these issues (and a couple other very esoteric ones).

-- Hoyt