Issues with Canopy and GraphLab

User 3353 | 3/8/2016, 1:53:44 PM

I am trying to use GraphLab with Python 2.7 installed through Enthought Canopy, on Windows 64 bit machine. I have managed to install it using the commands on your website and 'import graphlab' now works fine. However, when I run any graphlab command from that point on, it spits out the following error message at me.

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated, otherwise I am fairly new to these types of forums, so please let me know if I need to submit more info and what kind of info. I have managed to run Graphlab successfully in the past using the Dato Launcher, but this computer already has Enthought Canopy installed on it.

Thanks again,

Wei.

RuntimeError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-2-7122e2838542> in <module>() ----> 1 data = graphlab.SFrame("C:/Temp/amazonbaby.gl/") 2 #products = graphlab.SFrame('amazonbaby.gl/')# create an Sframe for the amazon data

C:\Users\WeiChian\AppData\Local\Enthought\Canopy\User\lib\site-packages\graphlab\datastructures\sframe.pyc in init(self, data, format, proxy) 850 self.proxy = proxy 851 else: --> 852 self.proxy = UnitySFrameProxy(glconnect.getclient()) 853 _format = None 854 if (format == 'auto'):

C:\Users\WeiChian\AppData\Local\Enthought\Canopy\User\lib\site-packages\graphlab\connect\main.pyc in getclient() 139 """ 140 if not isconnected(): --> 141 launch() 142 assert isconnected(), ENGINESTARTERRORMESSAGE 143 return CLIENT

C:\Users\WeiChian\AppData\Local\Enthought\Canopy\User\lib\site-packages\graphlab\connect\main.pyc in launch(serveraddr, serverbin, serverlog, authtoken, serverpublickey) 91 if server: 92 server.try_stop() ---> 93 raise e 94 95 # start the client

RuntimeError: Cannot start engine. exception: access violation reading 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Comments

User 15 | 3/8/2016, 6:45:58 PM

Hi Wei,

Unfortunately, we do not support the Enthought Canopy Python distribution. That's a pretty interesting error though. Are you okay with just using Dato Launcher?

Evan

User 3353 | 3/9/2016, 1:21:03 PM

Thanks Evan, I need Enthought Canopy on that computer and when I try to install multiple python platforms on the same computer I tend to get more issues. But I'll use my back-up computer to install Dato Launcher and can run GraphLab from there. Thanks.