Unable to complete pip installation of GraphLab Create

User 3143 | 1/28/2016, 8:04:27 PM

Please see below problem to install GraphLab Create using Dato Launcher. Before I had Anconda installed in my laptop. I don't know what is the problem. Please give me a suggestion.

Thanks.

Successful in creating conda environment "dato-env".

Activating conda environment "dato-env". Deactivating environment "C:\Users\mdr\Anaconda"...

Activating environment "C:\Users\mdr\Anaconda\envs\dato-env"...

Conda environment "dato-env" succesfully activated.

Starting GraphLab Create installation.

Usage:
pip install [options] <requirement specifier> ... pip install [options] -r <requirements file> ... pip install [options] [-e] <vcs project url> ... pip install [options] [-e] <local project path> ... pip install [options] <archive url/path> ...

no such option: --trusted-host

There was a problem installing GraphLab Create. Restart Dato Launcher.

If the problem persists, contact support@dato.com with the following: Unable to complete pip installation of GraphLab Create.

Installation report:

Usage:
pip install [options] <requirement specifier> ... pip install [options] -r <requirements file> ... pip install [options] [-e] <vcs project url> ... pip install [options] [-e] <local project path> ... pip install [options] <archive url/path> ...

no such option: --trusted-host

Process completed with exit code -1

Comments

User 4 | 1/29/2016, 5:10:50 AM

Hi @MIZAN, this error is usually due to a very old version of pip installed into the Anaconda environment. Dato Launcher is not compatible with versions of pip prior to pip 7. We will investigate to see if there is anything we can fix on our end to make this more compatible.

You should be able to work around this issue by entering the Anaconda environment (through the Anaconda launcher, or a terminal) and running pip install pip==7.1.2 in both the root and dato-env environments to get a version of pip that will be compatible. You can get into the dato-env environment using source activate dato-env. Once you have done this, you can try removing the dato-env environment (to let Dato Launcher try to recreate it) or repair it from the installation that was attempted by installing GraphLab Create using the command line installation instructions.

User 3143 | 1/29/2016, 5:39:11 AM

Thank you very much, Zach.It is working. :)