Dato launcher not downloading Anaconda

User 2953 | 1/5/2016, 4:12:43 AM

I am trying to install graphlab create using Dato launcher but everytime I open it, it gets stuck on "Starting anaconda retrieval" step at 0% after asking and successfully accepting email id and product key. I am on windows 10 x64 system. I have tried allowing electron.exe through firewall, running it with admin privileges, clearing appdata and resetting hosts file but none of those worked. I could also try first installing anaconda and then graphlab from pip but from my earlier experience I feel Dato launcher way is a cleaner and smoother experience Can you please help me identify/resolve this issue?

Comments

User 1178 | 1/5/2016, 4:38:35 PM

Hi,

Since you already downloaded Anaconda, I would suggest you to create an Conda environment and install GraphLab Create from within that environment. That should be sufficient for you. Just to remember activate the environment every time you use GraphLab Create.

That being said, Dato Launcher is designed to make your life easier. If you want to get this installation issue resolved, please send email to support@dato.com and attach your installation logs so that we can start the process of helping you.

Thanks! Ping

User 1178 | 1/5/2016, 4:39:40 PM

Hi,

Since you already downloaded Anaconda, I would suggest you to create an Conda environment and install GraphLab Create from within that environment. That should be sufficient for you. Just to remember activate the environment every time you use GraphLab Create.

That being said, Dato Launcher is designed to make your life easier. If you want to get this installation issue resolved, please send email to support@dato.com and attach your installation logs so that we can start the process of helping you.

Thanks! Ping