GraphLab Canvas - Error

User 2504 | 10/29/2015, 12:52:32 AM

Hello,

I have an error, but I cannot identify the origin :

In Canva, I have : An error occurred of type TypeError: Cannot convert Another way to get bling-worthy nails in a matter of minutes is to use the magnetic n

In my Notebook, here what I have :

Someone can help me ? ` [ERROR] GraphLab Canvas: (<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, TypeError("Cannot convert Another way to get bling-worthy nails in a matter of minutes is to use the magnetic nail polish first, get the dramatic \xe2\x80\x9cwaves\xe2\x80\x9d and then apply a layer of crackle in a shade similar to the nail polish. Then when the polish is dry, use a nail polish containing glitter, such as Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry Nail Color Party of Five Glitters to really punch up the effect. In a matter of seconds, your nails will look as though you dipped them in crushed jewelry. to float",), <traceback object at 0x113d79200>)

TypeError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-15-0def4138e5f0> in <module>() ----> 1 makeup.show()

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphlab/datastructures/sframe.pyc in show(self, columns, view, x, y) 4480 LOGGER.warn("Column selection for SFrame.show is deprecated. To show only certain columns, use the sf[['column1', 'column2']] syntax or construct a new SFrame with the desired columns.") 4481 from ..visualization.show import show -> 4482 show(self, view=view, x=x, y=y) 4483 4484 def packcolumns(self, columns=None, column_prefix=None, dtype=list,

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/multipledispatch/dispatcher.pyc in call(self, args, **kwargs) 162 self._cache[types] = func 163 try: --> 164 return func(args, **kwargs) 165 166 except MDNotImplementedError:

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphlab/canvas/glcdisplaydispatch.pyc in show(obj, **kwargs) 8 import graphlab.canvas.views.sframe 9 graphlab.canvas.inspect.find_vars(obj) ---> 10 return graphlab.canvas.show(graphlab.canvas.views.sframe.SFrameView(obj, params=kwargs)) 11 12

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphlab/canvas/views/sframe.pyc in init(self, obj, params) 61 62 # materialize this sframe so getcontentidentifier returns valid results ---> 63 self.obj.materialize() 64 65 def __check_identifier(self, col):

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphlab/datastructures/sframe.pyc in materialize(self) 3665 """ 3666 with cythoncontext(): -> 3667 self.proxy.materialize() 3668 3669 def is_materialized(self):

/Users/Arnaud/.graphlab/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graphlab/cython/context.pyc in exit(self, exctype, excvalue, traceback) 47 if not self.showcythontrace: 48 # To hide cython trace, we re-raise from here ---> 49 raise exctype(excvalue) 50 else: 51 # To show the full trace, we do nothing and let exception propagate

TypeError: Cannot convert Another way to get bling-worthy nails in a matter of minutes is to use the magnetic nail polish first, get the dramatic “waves” and then apply a layer of crackle in a shade similar to the nail polish. Then when the polish is dry, use a nail polish containing glitter, such as Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry Nail Color Party of Five Glitters to really punch up the effect. In a matter of seconds, your nails will look as though you dipped them in crushed jewelry. to float `

Comments

User 4 | 10/29/2015, 2:28:43 AM

Hi @ArnaudPlas, this is likely due to lazy evaluation from an apply function with an incorrectly deduced type. Start by looking for calls to apply further up in your code. As described here, the apply function will attempt to guess the return value of the lambda; but if the first 100 rows don't contain any values (all None), the type can be inferred incorrectly -- in this case it defaults to float, but the values aren't really float. You don't see the error until later on, because of lazy evaluation of apply functions. The materialize call in the call stack indicates that evaluation of some queued up operations is happening here. You can fix it by supplying the dtype parameter to any apply calls that can't correctly deduce the type.