Dato Launcher won't start up

User 2287 | 9/22/2015, 1:01:41 PM

Good morning, I'm a new user of the forums and I have learn of this software through the Coursera learning platform. Currently I am enrolled in the Machine Learning Case study course and I'm having some problems installing Graph Lab. I have tried searching for the solution online but I was not succesful so I was hoping I could get my answer here. I'm currently using Python 2.7.10.

The problem is as follows: I download the launcher onto my computer, start it up and it goes well until it crashes once I select the option to launch it. I click on the desktop item and get the following message: Shell_NotifyIconGetRect Entry point not found in the SHELL32. library.

(It's a loose translation from spanish: No se encuentra el punto de entrada del procedimiento Shell_NotifyIconGetRect en la biblioteca SHELL32.dll )

As I have said before I haven't found the solution to this specific problem online so I was hoping I could get some answers.

Thank you very much for your time.

Comments

User 4 | 9/22/2015, 8:00:50 PM

Hi @Andrey, are you using Windows XP or Windows Vista? The Dato Launcher is only currently supported on Windows 7 and later (and server equivalents). If you need to use GraphLab Create from an older version of Windows, I would recommend using an EC2 instance (or other Linux machine in the cloud), or a Linux virtual machine, and following the command line installation instructions. Hope that helps!