Unable to run the c++ unit test for Dato-core

User 2098 | 7/22/2015, 7:19:01 AM

I've compiled the dato-core projects following the instructions on dato-core github, when I tried to run the C++ unit test, I got zookeeper errors:

gg@gg-VirtualBox:~/ML/Dato-Core/debug/test$ make [ 1%] Built target libbz2 [ 3%] Built target boost [ 4%] Built target parallel [ 5%] Built target logger [ 7%] Built target util [ 7%] Built target random [ 8%] Built target timer [ 8%] Built target cityhashgl.cxxtest [ 8%] Built target fastpowertest.cxxtest [ 8%] Built target testcrashhandler [ 8%] Built target timefastpower [ 8%] Built target imagetype [ 9%] Built target eigen [ 10%] Built target libssl [ 12%] Built target libcurl [ 14%] Built target libxml2 [ 15%] Built target hadoop [ 20%] Built target fileio [ 20%] Built target serialization [ 21%] Built target flexibletype [ 21%] Built target globals [ 21%] Built target cancelserversideops [ 22%] Built target eigenserialization.cxxtest [ 23%] Built target serializetests.cxxtest [ 23%] Built target loggertest.cxxtest [ 23%] Built target timertest.cxxtest [ 23%] Built target alias_benchmark [ 25%] Built target libsodium [ 27%] Built target zeromq [ 27%] Performing configure step for 'zookeeper' /bin/sh: 1: ./configure: not found make[2]: * [../deps/zookeeper/src/zookeeper-stamp/zookeeper-configure] Error 127 make[1]: [CMakeFiles/zookeeper.dir/all] Error 2 make: ** [all] Error 2

My System is Ubuntu 14.10 (Virtualbox), please help me.

Comments

User 19 | 7/27/2015, 6:40:26 PM

Hi,

We have reproduced your issue; you should be able to remove Zookeeper from the CMakeLists to avoid this error. However we'd like to mention that this repository will have massive updates happening in a few weeks, so we suggest you check back then. Here's the announcement:

Per the announcement at Data Science Summit, the license will be changing to BSD! Between that and other changes, there will be major restructuring of this repository in the near future. The target date for the re-release is mid to end August. If you plan to fork and modify the code, be aware that you may need to port your changes forward soon.

In the meantime to try out SFrame/SGraph, download and install our graphlab-create python package.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Chris

User 2098 | 8/17/2015, 7:50:40 AM

Hi ChrisDuBois, Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll be waiting for your new distribution.