Computing Model of Graph Lab Create?

User 1429 | 6/29/2015, 10:16:36 AM

Sir, Is Graph lab create is vertex centric or edge centric??

Comments

User 1178 | 7/6/2015, 4:50:23 PM

Hi Harsha,

GraphLab Create can handle different kinds of data -- graph, table, image, text, etc.

If you are asking how GraphLab Create internally stores graph models -- we store the graph using SFrame infrastructure, so it is not exactly vertex centric or edge centric, it is a combination of both.

Can you clarify your question so that I can answer your question more precisely?

Thanks!

Ping

User 1429 | 7/7/2015, 6:09:28 AM

Thank you @"Ping Wang" for reply. I was working on performance analysis of graphlab create as a part thesis. I know graph lab and power graph are vertex centric but those are distributed graph analytic frameworks. X-stream in edge centric used to analyze the graph on single machine.In X-stream we are exploiting sequential access . Can you please explain how can graph lab create can analyze large graph on single machine? Is it similar to graphchi? Please reply as soon as possible

User 1178 | 7/7/2015, 3:57:23 PM

Hi Harsha,

GraphLab Create's graph handling combines technologies and lessons learnt from GraphChi, PowerGraph and GraphX. You may watch Yucheng's talk here to get to the details.

Thanks!

Ping